Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Autobiographical Narrative



Autobiographical Narrative
            The name of the person that supports me academically is my father, Isaac. He doesn’t actually sit down and help me with my homework, but if I need academic advice he will give it to me. He is always concerned about my school work, sometimes even more than he is concerned about me. I know that he wants me to do my best. I would say that health is my favorite subject and my favorite class that I have taken. I like health because it is something important to know about. It also a quality subject to inform other people about. It is taught worldwide, so that shows just about how important it is. I also like that I can connect Health class with health issues that are happening today. Just like I was able to connect my previous Health class to Ebola and I was able to understand even better how diseases work.
            The lesson from “Grapes of Wrath” progressed because it showed me how a dime can come a long way and how dignity is needed. I have learned over the years that money isn’t everything but it is a necessity to live. The man lived with what he had and never tried to show himself as a poor man. It is important to keep your dignity and this excerpt helped me understand it even better. In the future, I do see myself having tip-top grades, and I want to attend USC. I also look up to my brother who goes to USC. He graduated from Fairfax. It doesn’t matter where you came from because if you try hard enough you will make it to the college you want. I would describe myself as a conscientious student. I do all of my homework and class work and I try to consistently be positive. Being optimistic is a significant trait to have.
            My first language was English and it was what my parents spoke to me as a child. I also did learn Farsi through my family. But I mostly spoke English as a child because it was more important. I did need to learn Farsi since the older people in my family like my grandma can only speak Farsi. So I clearly did need a way to converse with my grandma and I knew at her old age she wasn’t going to even try to learn English. Today, I speak Farsi fluently. 
            Both my parents are Iranian which explains for how I know Farsi. As teenagers they came to the great North America. My father has lived in New York, New Jersey, Florida and for the past 25 years in Los Angeles. My mom has lived in New York and now for the past 20 years in Los Angeles. My parents are still together after 20 years. I also have one brother who is 19. As a child he the one always being spoiled and yet everyone says the daughter gets spoiled, not in my case. The older child was the one who got everything they wanted. To this day I would say he is still more spoiled. He moved out when he was 18 to leave for USC, so I kind of feel like an only child since he has moved out. I’ve grown up in the same house my whole life and still live here. I was always pressured into doing my best ever since I was a child especially since there are so many successful people in my family. It isn’t easy to always do well and being pressured all the time isn’t the best feeling ever either. As for a job I would like to get into the real estate and business field. At USC I plan to study real estate development and business. I want to do property management and maybe even be a real estate agent. I’ve thought about being in the medical field but I wouldn’t want to go to school for all those years and plus I like being out in the real world and associating with all types of people. Getting into real estate would give me a lot of knowledge. I would travel to many places and talk to all sorts of people.
            I would say that my friends, family and education have had a big impact on me. I’ve learned to try my best and understand others. I’m on my pathway into adulthood and I know what I want to do with my life. I want to graduate Fairfax and continue my way to USC and have a successful job in the real estate field. I also want to help the less fortunate and I want to help shape society. I have been through my struggles with my family but these struggles have helped shape who I am today.

1 comment:

  1. Well by reading this essay, I was able to analyze that you are an intelligent student trying to make a living in the future. I like to say that I relate because I began with English as my first language. My family didn't at first but I had to step up along with my brother.

    ReplyDelete